Nivea Creme: the iconic entire body and face moisturizer, since 1911.

Monday, February 6, 2023

I never thought that I will be writing about this iconic and classic moisturizer, but since I found out that Nivea improved the formula, plus the fact that everybody on the internet was claiming that it was almost the perfect “dupe” of the legendary La Mer face moisturizer, my curiosity increased a lot, so I ended up buying it again, after 20 years. I remember how my mother use to buy it when I was a child, for me, my brother, and cousins, and how I use to hate it for its density, and thickness, feeling like it will never be absorbed by my skin, so when people started to hype it on internet, I couldn’t believe it, but now, I know why: the formula has changed. 




From its multiple uses (body moisturizer, face moisturizer, tattoo healing cream, etc.) and benefits (deep moisturizer, emollient, wound healing, treatment sealed, etc), to all the DIY YouTube videos that have Nivea Cream as a basic ingredient, this moisturizer has been in the dresser of many men and women, since it was launched in 1911. But… is it really that good?


The new Nivea Creme formula is more rich, watery, and easy to be absorbed by the skin, leaving a thin protective layer that seals and protects the skin from the environment, being perfect for very dry skin, as a night moisturizer, even as a primer for heavy and very matt makeup foundations (in small amounts). Moreover, for the body, I love to use it mixed with other products (natural oils, and natural essential oils), turning it into one of my basic ingredients to create my own body milk, that leaves my skin very moisturized, soft, and with an enchanting aroma.



I personally think that Nivea Creme is a really nice basic moisturizer that keeps the skin protected from external aggressions, moisturized, and glowy. It does not have amazing properties, or ingredients, but the formula, and with it the product itself works very nicely as an essential moisturizer, being more a perfect complement to a complete skincare routine, or even the perfect base to create a new product.



In comparison with some more specific actual face or body moisturizers, the concept is completely different, since they have been created to treat the skin in a specific way, having sometimes a larger ingredient list, with a state-of-the-art formula, giving, as a result, better results in a shorter period of time. 


 ****

***PD: as always this is me, sharing with you, my personal experience! If you want more, please subscribe, and follow me on my social media!***

PINTEREST.

INSTAGRAM.

TWITTER.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, it means a lot to me! Please don't forget to subscribe to my blog, join the family, and share./ Muchas gracias por tu comentario, ¡significa muchísimo para mi! Por favor, no te olvides de suscribirte a mi blog, unirte a la comunidad, y compartir.