NAIL POLISHES UPDATE: OPI, ESSIE, & SALLY HANSEN…WORTH THE HYPE?

Friday, October 8, 2021

A few months ago, I had the opportunity to try some famous nail polishes brands, that I always wanted to try! Since my elementary school days, I have always heard that they worth every single euro for its quality: nice finish, long lasting, gorgeous, and infinite tones… so, as a beauty lover and blogger, I needed them in my live!

The funniest thing? Testing and enjoying this nail polishes and treatments, I remembered every time that I bought nail polishes at The Dollar Store when I was a child-teenager girl, thinking that they were the best thing in the world, and then I started to laugh so hard, because I still buying glitter nail polishes at the dollar store…and still loving them. #TheGlowUpIsForReal!!!

OPI.

Since I fell in love with their nail strengthener, I decided to try more things of the brand, and I decided to start with their green and blue collection buying two colors: Russian Navy & Suzi – The First Lady of Nails. The first one took my breath away!!! Is a beautiful shade where you can see all the colors inside turning into a rich deep dark violet-blue tone, with beautiful flashes. By the way, the second one, is a beautiful dark kaki shade.

I applied them in the same way how I apply my others nail polishes: nail treatment – nail polish – topcoat. Easy application, stunning finish, and very high-quality texture. Even if I always prefer to apply two coats, with this nail polishes you only need one coat to rock, what truly surprised me, since it can be a headache find a nail polish like that (even with the most expensive ones). #HighQualityPigment!!!

I tried them for a week, and I was truly impressed!!! They last in perfect condition until the last day, fun fact? You can remove them from nails without any difficult. On the other hand, the nail strengthener is one of my favorites nail treatment as I wrote in one of my latest posts, and the topcoat even if once it dries it leave a beautiful finish, it takes a long time to dry (one night), being the reason why I want to buy quick drying drops…for the first time in my life.

ESSIE.

I have no words! To me, they have the same quality as OPI: high quality formula, wild range of gorgeous tones, easy to apply, high quality texture… all in one coat! With the difference that Essie is slightly more affordable. Perfectly staying on nails for a week, without any problem!

Since it was my first time trying them, I only bought two shades: Exotic liras & Bobbing for Baubles. The first one is an amazing vivid fuchsia, that is impossible to not fall in love for it! By the way, the second one is the deepest dark blue that I ever seen in my life… almost black!

Finally, for having bought two Essie nails polishes, the store gave me a sample of the gel topcoat by the same brand. This was a real discover: it seals the nail polishes, dries fast, leaves a high gloss gel finish on nails, and helps nail polishes to last longer on nail.

SALLY HANSEN.

Unlike the last ones, this nail polish has a denser formula, making it more thick but not pasty, in the same way, you need two coats to perfection. Otherwise, you need to be more meticulous with the application, making sure that you reach every angle of your nail to prevent premature fading.

Having all these things in mind, I can say that Sally Hansen have nice nail polishes, that are long lasting, and with a full range of colors, even if the formula of this line is not to my taste. Now, I have curiosity for their other lines.

About the color? I love it! Is a precious dark wine shade called Go Garnet! Ah.. where is my cup of wine?!

****
***PD: as always this is me, sharing with you, my personal experience! If you want more, please subscribe, and follow me on my social media, and if you can/want donate me a pizza on BUYMEACOFFEE.COM!***

TWITTER.

PINTEREST.

INSTAGRAM.

TUMBLR.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, it means a lot to me! Please don't forget to subscribe to my blog, join the family, and share./ Muchas gracias por tu comentario, ¡significa muchísimo para mi! Por favor, no te olvides de suscribirte a mi blog, unirte a la comunidad, y compartir.